THE MOST LIGHTFAST PERMANENT COLOUR PENCIL EVER DESIGNED
Luminance 6901 artist’s pencils, specifically designed by Caran d’Ache in its Geneva Manufacture with colour image professionals in mind, reaffirm the high quality standards of the Maison. The new leads are designed for works intended for exhibition, collection and museum purposes.
FOR ALL CREATIVE SECTORS
Highly sought after by drawing masters from every creative sector, the subtle velvety effect of the new permanent pencil stems from two years of technical research conducted in complete secrecy at the heart of the Maison’s workshops. Its delicate texture, along with the vibrancy of the many recently developed shades, open up exciting new vistas in the realms of overlaying, mixed techniques and gradation.
Its extreme lightfastness is confirmed by the most rigorous tests, earning Luminance 6901 top results and international ASTM D-6901 certification.
With Luminance 6901, Caran d’Ache has achieved the feat of creating quite simply the most lightfast colour pencil ever designed.
The line is created according to the criteria laid down by the Swiss Made label and eco-friendly standards, thereby providing an additional demonstration of the Maison’s steadfast ethical commitment.
Cardboard box with 40 colours/6901.740
The creaminess of a permanent lead combined with unbeatable light resistance : excellence for the most demanding artists, designers, architects, artistic directors, etc.
Contents : 20 permanent coloured pencils, 100% LFI
Application : a creamy, generous lead in a range of balanced colours with high pigment concentration. Recommended for mixing and shading, working blends or for shading and rubbing with the white pencil
Technical description :
- Type : Permanent, round, coloured pencils
- Lead : permanent, creamy lead, 3.8 diameter, maximum covering power, high pigment concentration for intense, bright colours
- Light resistance complies with the highest international standards for light resistance in coloured pencils : ASTM D6901
- Pencil : round, 8 ply, matt casing matches the colour of the lead, colour number and name indicated
- Premium FSC® certified cedar wood
- ASTM D4236 compliant
- Techniques : unlimited mixed media combinations, shading, superimposed colours. Combine with SUPRACOLOR® Soft Aquarelle for wash drawings and watercolour effects in mixed techniques, or PABLO® pencils for details, hatching and to colour numerous media.
Available in assortments of 20, 40 and 76 colours (+ 2 Full Blender).
Also available in a wooden box containing 80 pencils (76 shades + 4 repeat colours).
Developed and manufactured in Switzerland.